Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kid Bento Lunch Day 1


So, today I finally did the kids all a Bento. Like I said, in my first and previous post, this is a new adventure for me.  I'm starting very simply.  Bento can get real cute and what I won't be doing (unless the urge hits me) ...FANCY.  Just google Bento and be amzed (or apauled...lol.  I don't like eating creatures, I never have.  That makes me NOT want to eat, and what I'm going for here is getting the kids excited to eat well.)

So, these are the silicone muffin cups I purchased at the Kitchen Collection from our local outlet mall.  They were a total of about ten dollars I believe.

Then, like I said, I got these divided containers at the dollar store.  These come with lids that have a fork and knife which is another bonus for us. 

Then, I give each of the kids a color scheme.  Primary is all I have for now but I place those in knowing in my mind what I'm going for. 
Then, I fill them with today's Bento Menu!  
Creamy Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Red Peppers and Cherry Tomatoes 
Cucumber and Watermelon
Boiled Egg
Cheerios Granola Bar  


I adorned each Bento with an umbrella toothpick for looks and using on their small bites if they wish.  When I was a kid, I LOVED these!  They were always for the adult drinks but I always wanted one!

Now, of course I could just throw the granola bar in with it's wrapper, but Bento is all about cute!  So, I made them smaller and lined them right up. 

Once completed, these containers will stack well in the fridge as well.  All ready to go! Ceadmon: Blue, Emma: Yellow, and Victoria: Red.  

I used all the large muffin cups on their food so I had to get creative with mine.  I went vintage on my Bento. A retro tiny mug for my pasta, and an old Pyrex fridge dish for my melon and cucumbers. 

I made sure I got an umbrella too! 

The mug was easy to remove if I wanted to heat my pasta.  

My vintage Tupperware lunch box was quaint but a little challenging for Bento. It's a little deep.  One thing you have to be careful of is not having too much room where the food will fly around everywhere.  This is a little scary for that.  

But, the vintage part was also fun.  

Tomorrow it's Daddy's first Bento day too.  So, we will see how manly I can make this lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment