Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sensa Update

(For my original post go here )
I was planning on waiting a whole week to update how Sensa is working for me (again, I'm not getting paid to do this though I wish I were), but I have had results that I don't want to forget about.  Plus, I was asked how it's going and said I'd up date, so here ya go... :)

Like I said, I noticed it working right away on the first meal I tried it on.  Later that evening my husband and I took our kids to a movie and we went to our favorite Italian restaurant for a dinner date.  I knew this would really test it.  If there is anything I can over eat on, it would be Italian food.  Since I could tell from the lunch, that it was more wise to start with a small portion, sprinkle that, eat and then have more if I felt I needed it, I took that approach.  Our first course was our salad.  Even though I don't worry about over eating salad, I wanted that salad to start the process of "I'm satisfied" for me.  I sprinkled the sensa over all of it and ate it all.  Our tomato brushetta came and I took a quarter of it and gave Rick the other 3/4.  I was all ready realizing that although my stomach was growling, I was not really craving food.  However, the food still tasted good to me.  I used the sensa on my brushetta and enjoyed my small portion of that.  I did not feel I wanted more of it.  By the time the pasta came (Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine w/ basil cream sauce.....oh, yeah!) I was not wanting much more.  I scooped out a little into my plate (We had planned ahead to share the dish), about 1/4 of the whole.  I sprinkled my Sensa and ate and was completely satisfied.  My favorite part was that I was satisfied AND I felt great when I was done eating.  Without the Sensa, I would have felt craving for more and the good lightness of my tummy.  With this I was fine and I felt light still.

 I've been really paying attention to if it works or not, and when it works in the meal.  I've been noticing that I'm not hungry between meals,  and I'm not eating at night or wanting to munch.  That is very helpful for me.  I've not been able to get any serious exercise in since I started it, only a few walks. I started it last Thursday at lunch, five days ago.  I've lost a 3lbs.

I'm not putting much stock in the scale however.  I was more excited when my jeans fit comfortably right out of the dryer.  No squats to stretch them before I fell them relax. One pair I could not fit in well before vacation fit nicely this morning.  So, that is where I want to see it.

If felt last nights dinner was a huge test for it again.  I made homemade sweet corn mac and cheese (the recipe Ivan made on his pilot for trying to win Food Network Star), sloppy joes, pea salad (the cold one with red onion and cheddar chunks), and salad.  I portioned myself small portions of each so I could have some of them all, and I used the Sensa.  As I'm starting to eat, I'm all ready thinking that I will want more mac and cheese.  By the time I was done with my plate, Sensa had changed my mind.  It was fantastic.  The one key with Sensa, is that as it's helping you, you don't want to push that and eat anyway.  It really does help you but you have to listen to that and not push back into the food anyway. For me, I've not really wanted to.  In fact, I remember sitting there thinking I kinda wish I wanted more! LOL.


So, so far I'm loving it.  I'll keep you posted.   This product has it's critics for sure.  I'm here to be honest how it works for me.  This is only the beginning and as most of you know, the beginning can be the easy part.  So, we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment