Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Little Valedictorian

She May go to a small school, but she is ending the year on top.  We can take no bragging rights for this.  One, because God has gifted her with a great memory and study ethic. Secondly, she did this all on her own.  I've never seen anything like it.  In all the years at public school, (she was homeschooled till 5th grade), we have never once had to hound her about her homework.  She is so good at being self-motivated that I hardly know when there is a test or a deadline at all.  I have not had to!  She navigates it all with great maturity and independence.  Sometimes I ask her just cause I feel left out!  She has been a leader in the classroom and her teacher tells me she has a gift for leading and instructing others. 
Next week she graduates 8th grade and will have to give a speech in front of the whole school.  She is so nervous about that, and I'm worried I'll blubber all over the gym floor! 
I realize that HS is a HUGE pond and it may get a little tough, but I'm excited to see what this girl can do!  I thank God for giving her her these gifts and I pray she will always bless Him and others with them.  



We saw this newborn dress at Target  (it looked a lot smaller in person).  It made me realize how much she has grown because she had a newborn dress when she was born and she was swimming in it!  Way to go big girl, keep it up.  We love you!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of my niece! Give her our love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! tell her congratulations for us! that is a huge accomplishment!! so neat to hear how she did it all on her own.

    ReplyDelete