Thursday, May 24, 2012

Why Coupon? Part 4: What I Do

This post has to be quick.  I don't have time to put up links to the last few parts.  See the side bar....

I really don't do all I use to for coupons.  I use to use baseball card holders and have each coupon folded and in one.  That takes way too much time.
The fact is ....

I HATE CUTTING COUPONS!!!

So, I don't if I don't have to.  The main way the blogs alert you to a deal is to tell you which coupon to use from what insert.  For example it will say "SS 6/03/12"  that would mean that it was from the Smart Source insert in the paper and from that date of paper.  So, now what I do is just print out the post that tells me what will be in the paper and put that in front of the inserts, and then place them in a folder in my home organization notebook.   When I see I need them, I cut them out.

I get the paper, but I watch the alerts for when there won't be one, like this weekend.  That way I don't waste my money.  If I see the heads up blog post of what the coupons are looking really good for what I like to buy, I will buy two papers.  The LA Times is the best around here.  The coupons are higher value and there are more of them.  Each paper is in it's own set of coupons folder spot.

I print the printable on coupons.com and target.com.  I keep the target coupons separate and they both have an envelope.  I do cut these when I get them because I use the big paper cutter at work to save time.  I sort them in food, body, and cleaning.  I use paperclips of color to tell at a glance.

When I plan a trip to the store, I gather what I need and paperclip each deal together.  Usually it will mean a few coupons.  Sometimes, if I need to remember the scenario I write it on a little paper and clip that too.
I clip my reward "money" for that store to them so I have it right there with me.

I carry my notebook all the time in case I see a sale I know I have a coupon for.  I also use my iphone to check the blogs I keep up with.  If I'm going to Albertson's, I check her post for the sales that week.  I zero in on the red checks especially.

I check my two sites (linked in the right side bar) a few times a day real quick so I don't fall behind.

Once a month I go through the coupons and get rid of outdated ones.  I think I need to do this by-weekly though.


So, that's it.  Remember, the previous posts have helpful links for you to get started.  There are easy "101" links that make it simple.  Feel free to ask questions in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome coupon thoughts, lady!!

    ...Karen

    ReplyDelete